HYPNOSIS FOR GOLF PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
‘Train your mind and improve your golf performance’
“Golf is 90% mental.” You’ve probably read it many times and still wonder what it means.
Steve Elkington: “The mind is your greatest weapon. It’s the greatest club in the bag. It’s also your Achilles’ heel.”
Tiger Woods: “I’ve learned to trust the subconscious. My instincts have never lied to me.”
Most amateur golfers play golf with their conscious mind. With it we can analyze the shot, the lie of the ball, the wind and direction, which club to use based on distance and see where the hazards are.
The problem most golfers can’t answer, once they address the ball is, ‘now what?’ They try to swing the club by thinking with their conscious mind— “Keep the right arm straight, full turn to the top, elbow in, move my hips first, turn, hit the ball, finish in balance ….”
The truth is, the conscious mind cannot think fast enough to do all that in the second-and-a-half or less it takes for a full swing.
With hypnosis you will learn to train your mind—your subconscious mind—and improve your golf game.
Virtually all studies show that mental training improves motor skills. It also enhances motivation, mental toughness, and confidence. The signals that fire along the nerves to the tendons, muscles and ligaments which control your golf swing originate in the subconscious mind, where the memories of all your golf swings are stored. With mental training you’ll learn how to access your best swings, and through self-hypnosis and other techniques, mentally practice these swings which will strengthen those signals. According to the research, visualization strengthens the neural pathways in the brain to give you the ability to execute those better golf swings more often.
In short, when you turn off your conscious mind and let the subconscious do what it already knows how to do, you are tapping into that 90% of the mental side of golf.
The ‘Hypnosis for Golf Performance Improvement’ program is designed to teach you in five sessions how to use hypnosis to play your best golf more often. You will learn:
1. The functions of the conscious and subconscious minds and how they must work to play peak performance golf.
2. The mind-body connection in golf and how your thoughts influence your performance.
3. Hypnosis: the greatest performance secret in the mental side of golf. How to use it and train your subconscious mind to improve your golf game.
4. Self-hypnosis and positive self-talk to program your subconscious to work for you, not against you.
5. Relaxation training to eliminate harbored tension in your body so you swing your best and manage your mental game and your emotional state on the golf course.
6. The Pre-Shot Routine* you’ve never heard of before now. How to focus your mind for greater execution on every shot and perform without conscious effort.
7. A technique to use at the driving range that can help you bring your driving range practice to the golf course.
8. And much more …
Like Martin Hall from the Golf Channel Academy says, “If you keep doing the same things swinging the golf club you’ll keep getting the same results.”
Your opportunity to have a better golf game awaits you.
Jeff Bellis, CHt
Now, you can take the swing lessons you learn from your golf swing instructor and use your mind to better apply them on the golf course.
*This program has been developed in part from the book, Golfer’s Guide to Mental Fitness with permission from the author, John Weir.