25 WAYS TO BE A HAPPIER YOU
Some people assume that achieving greater success or accumulating material wealth automatically leads to happiness, but nothing can be further from the truth. The fact is, we place artificial demands on ourselves that undermine our happiness. These demands force us to work harder and harder to cross a finish line that keeps moving. Wanna be happier? Here are 25 Ways to Be a Happier You.
- Life is not a race to the finish line.
- Make your priorities a priority.
- Cheaper isn’t always less expensive.
- You can’t live an unhealthy lifestyle and expect a healthy outcome.
- People are way too quick to make commitments and too quick to abandon them.
- Learning is as much an attitude as it is an activity.
- If we don’t address poor behavior, we’re encouraging it through our inaction.
- Checking items off a to-do list doesn’t determine progress; focusing on your priorities is what counts.
- When people don’t learn from mistakes, their actions often turn into bad habits.
- Appreciate what you have before it becomes what you had.
- Happiness is a result of balance rather than intensity.
- Mistakes don’t make you a failure, but beating yourself up makes you feel like one.
- You may not have the control to lengthen your life, but you can do much to deepen it.
- If you look into the mirror and don’t like what you see…don’t blame the mirror.
- When you compete against yourself, you both win.
- Keeping score, in friendships, is a losing game.
- People stop trying when there’s no benefit for being exceptional and no consequence for being mediocre.
- Knowing what’s right isn’t as important as doing what’s right.
- The real benefit of being honorable isn’t in how others view you, but rather, in how you view yourself.
- “I can’t” and “I don’t want to” trigger the same results.
- Having kids is not the same as being a parent.
- When you tolerate mediocrity, you get more of it.
- Your life is determined by the sum of the choices that YOU make.
- Never win at the expense of the relationship.
- Moments, rather than possessions, are the true treasures of life.
This post is excerpted from BOOKSMART: Hundreds of real-world lessons for success and happiness
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPIER?
Please leave a comment and tell us what you think or share it with someone who can benefit from the information.
Reprinted with permission from http://www.franksonnenbergonline.com
Membership is Free for Clients
- Exclusive content
- Library of wellness techniques
- Free hypnosis audios
- A $320 annual value